Our Fire Marshal Training (Fire Warden) course covers the basic theory and practical training for those staff whose remit it is to help evacuate those in your building quickly and safely in cases of an emergency. In legal terms this is a competent person.
Fire Marshals receive theory training on the current legislation pertaining to fire safety. The types and colour coding of extinguishers, classifying fires and informing the fire brigade.
In addition we offer hands on training of water, foam and CO2 fire extinguishers and fire blankets.
Most importantly, training in how to ensure safe evacuations from your premises.
Fire marshal training course includes:
- The legal requirements
- The triangle of fire
- Types of fire
- Causes of fire
- Extinguishing fire
- Basic fire prevention
- Actions to be taken in the event of fire
- Fire extinguishers
- Responsibilities of a Fire Marshal
- Fire notices and signs
- Escape routes and their importance
- Checking fire fighting equipment within your workplace
- Assembly points and role calls
- In-depth fire prevention
- Proactive and reactive role of a Fire Marshal
- Practical demonstration, allowing students to extinguish different types of fire, using fire extinguishers on our environmentally friendly fire simulators.